New Zealand (NZ) is slowly becoming a favorite destination for foreign national students who aim to complete their studies abroad at the best universities around the globe. The education system of the country also boasts of high standards and articulate teaching approaches. However, it is not a cakewalk to get a New Zealand Study Visa. The requirements for a student visa are quite complicated and hard to comprehend.
So before you commence the procedure of filling out your application, you need to plan your study and career path, work out how you’ll support yourself financially in NZ, and make a checklist of documents you need to provide.
Make study and travel plans before you start applying for a New Zealand Study Visa.
To qualify for the student visa, you’ll require the following:
- To be accepted for a course at a university approved by either Ministry of Education or the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
- Money to fund your tuition fees or proof of a scholarship that pays your fees
- Proof that you have sufficient funds to sustain yourself in NZ
- A ticket to immigrate from NZ or evidence that you have funds to buy one.
Before you file a visa application, you must-
Find a course:
Choose a programme of study that suits your interests. Start with looking for primary, intermediate and secondary schools that offer education to international students. If you wish to apply for a Pathway Student Visa, you need to study with a Pathway Education Provider.
Check the study fees and compare them with other institutions. Most students who fly to New Zealand pay complete fees as international students.
Check if you can yay your own living expenses:
To support yourself while you live and study in New Zealand, you will be required to show that you have one of the following:
- NZD $ 15000 to sustain yourself in the first year of study
- NZD $ 1250 for each month if the study programme’s duration is less than 36 months
- A scholarship
- A sponsor or a family member who is ready and agreed to take your financial responsibility while you are in NZ.
Have Health Insurance:
If you’re a fee-paying student, you will require approved medical and travel insurance to study in New Zealand. You must contact your education provider to get assistance with the arrangement of medical and travel insurance.
Have a Character Certificate:
To obtain your New Zealand study visa, you must be of good character. Check the character requirements for NZ’s student visa on the official website.
Make a checklist of Documents you need to provide with the application:
- Have two coloured photos
- A passport which is valid for at least 3 months after the day you plan to leave New Zealand.
- A document provided by your study institution which confirms your admission
- Medical certificates
- Police certificates
- Translations of documents which are not in English
Suggested Read: Should You Hire a Consultant for Studying Abroad?
Pay the application fees:
You are also required to pay the correct application fee.
Want to know more about New Zealand Student Visa? Get in touch with New Heights Overseas. We are the leading educational consultants in Delhi who offer complete guidance and assistance to students who aim to complete their studies abroad. Schedule an appointment with our consultants to map your career abroad!